Altavest Worldwide Trading Inc. and Altavest Private
Client Services LLC are committed to safeguarding the personal information that you
as our current customers.
Why and How We Collect Personal Information
When you apply for or maintain an account with us, we collect personal information
about you for business purposes, such as evaluating your financial needs, processing
your requests and transactions, informing you about products and services that may
be of interest to you, and providing customer service. The personal information
we collect about you includes:
How We Protect Personal Information
- Information you provide to us on a applications and other forms such as your name,
address, date of birth, social security number, occupation, assets, and income
- Information about your transactions with us and with our affiliates
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies, such as your credit history
and creditworthiness, and other entities not affiliated with Altavest
- Information you provide to us to verify your identity, such as a passport, or received
from other entities not affiliated with Altavest
Disclosure to Non-Affiliated Third Parties
- We do not rent or sell your name or your personal information to anyone.
- We limit access to your personal information to those employees who need to know
in order to conduct business, service your account, help us provide you with products
and services you have requested, help you accomplish your financial objectives,
improve our services to you, and to inform you about additional products or services
that may be of interest to you.
- Our employees are required to maintain and protect the confidentiality of your personal
information and must follow established procedures to do so. We maintain physical,
electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information.
- We are committed to safeguarding your privacy online. When submitted, your account
information is entered through a secure and encrypted portion of our Web site.
- As a client you will need to enter a unique User Name and Password each time you
want to access your account. Your Password should never be shared with anyone.
- This Web site does not collect personally identifying information about you except
when you specifically and knowingly provide it.
- There is a technology called "cookies" which can be used to provide tailored information
from a Web site. A cookie is an element of data that a Web site can send to your
browser, which may then store it on your system. The Client login procedure uses
cookies, and as a registered client you will not have to go through the process
of reentering your User Name and Password each time you want access to your Client
Services. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving
you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
- The Altavest Web site contains links to other Web sites. Altavest is not responsible
for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
We do not share any of your information with third parties, except as required by
law. We may disclose personal information with non-affiliated companies and regulatory
authorities as permitted or required by applicable law. For example, we may disclose
personal information to cooperate with regulatory authorities and law enforcement
agencies to comply with subpoenas or other official requests, and as necessary to
not use your personal information for any other purpose unless we describe how such
information will be used at the time you disclose it to us or we obtain your permission
to do so.